Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Loefah - Disko Rekah

The image “http://www.droidmedia.com/EXTRA%20IMAGES/LOEFAH%20OPEN.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Loefah, "Disko Rekah" (YSI link)

Loefah, "System" (YSI link)

Man, I've been dragging lately, trying to fight my way through this blog slump. I was wondering if it's too much creepy music, bringing me down, but basically just thinking too much i.e. being me. In a sign of the growing maturity in your rapidly aging bol, tonight I was like, "Get over yourself, dick." Or in the words of the Baal Shem Tov, "The world is new to us every morning - this is G-d's gift; and every man should believe he is reborn each day."

We haven't hit the morning yet though; it's still dark out, the light hasn't come yet. It's dubstep time in other words, so let's keep digging. I'm not even sure I want to post these tracks from Loefah, as I know that I'm just gonna rave about these two massive tunes and that's got to be uncool to dubsteppers. Both are split affairs with Loefah holding down the A sides (Digital Mystikz have the B side of "System," the Mystikz' Coki on "Disko Rekah") First up, "System" is my personal favorite, this one's not for the faint of heart (or ears). This one's got that amazing half-time feel, like bass music on codeine or something, screwed to within an inch of its life. There's also some cool bird chirp sounds, synth sirens and the obligatory huge, deep bass, a much more overt electro influence than anything else I've heard. However, what caught my ear most (or at least the most for any dubstep tune to date) was the percussion, especially the one type that sounds like someone beating on a tree or something. It's amazing stuff, gives it an almost tribal sound buried down deep. You're gonna wanna cop the 10" for the Digital Mystikz jawn asap from Forced Exposure, as this stuff flies off the shelves everywhere in the US.

"Disko Rekah" is one of the most recent things I've gotten and it sees the sound continuing to move. For those who like some vocals, this one uses an MC sample (is it Busta?) to great effect throughout. This one's all about the bass for me, Forced Exposure to the rescue again, as they've got the Deep Medi Musik 12" from and you will def wanna hear the flipside with Loki's hypnotic bass rumbler.

No comments: