Saturday, November 10, 2007

M.A.N.D.Y. vs Damian Lazarus! Brooklyn! Tonight!



M.A.N.D.Y., Get Wild, Fabric (London) October 16, 2007 part 1 (YSI link) (File Mojo link)

M.A.N.D.Y., Get Wild, Fabric (London) October 16, 2007 part 2 (YSI link) (File Mojo link)

I wanted to give this super rad party its own post, as CUT and Made have brought M.A.N.D.Y. to Brooklyn. I have been waiting patiently for this one since I saw the listing a few weeks back, pretty hard to catch my attention like that, so you know this one's serious. I have been hinting at looking at more of the stuff being made by the likes of M.A.N.D.Y. and Booka Shade and the whole Get Physical label, tune in next week as this party has inspired me to put my mp3s where my mouth is. Anyway, for those that don't know, M.A.N.D.Y. are the Berlin-based duo of Patrick Bodmer and Phillipp Jung, responsible for some of the best remixes and tracks of the last 5 years. This is a rare chance to catch them DJing here in the US, especially at a cool, cheaper, non-club club like Studio B (259 Banker St.). You also get a set from Crosstown Rebels' label owner and excellent DJ in his own right, Damian Lazarus, who may just steal the show. Plus the Trouble & Bass DJs will be there to provide the low end. Advanced tickets are $15 at Made's site, I'm guessing about $20 at the door, 21+, 10-4am, this should be amazing.

Check the recent mix that aired on Proton Radio from M.A.N.D.Y., should be a good inspiration for those in NYC and a good consolation for those who aren't.

No comments: