Thursday, October 26, 2006

Project H.O.M.E. Young Friends Event TONIGHT

http://www.phillyist.com/attachments/philly_john/102705_home.gif

This event is not the inaugural event. But, it was either this or some pic of a woman's boobs, so get over it.

Okay, so ezarchive is back, new and improved, which means that the old tunes will be up and we're going to get back to the regular posting. Exciting, right? You feel happy and giving? Might I suggest that you attend tonight Project H.O.M.E.'s Young Friends event tonight at the UArts' Great Hall on Broad Street? No, seriously, attend this event.

I've always wanted this site to be more than just an mp3 blog, although I don't do nearly as much political stuff as I intend, mainly because I feel like I'm preaching to the choir and I just get so excited about the music and parties and ish that I forget to link to the Daily Kos post I liked. I'll work on it, but one area that I am committed to is getting the word out about great city organizations that are helping Philly (or NYC or Paris or wherever) and its citizens. In this case, Project H.O.M.E. is the city's preeminent homeless outreach group, doing yeoman work that goes unappreciated.

This event is a chance to appreciate them and give some money to help them continue their work. It's being held at UArts Great Hall, right on Broad, there's going to be lots of good people, people much better, nicer and more interesting than me. It's from 5:30-8:30, it costs $50 and you can see me in a dress shirt! For real, though, I feel like the two scenes I write for or get labeled with are the ones most often (unfairly) criticized as being apathetic and self-absorbed. I need to do better about showing the world behind all the parties and ish, but we all need to do better by supporting the groups and causes that mean a lot to us. Here's one for me.

No comments: