Monday, December 17, 2007

Traxmen & DJ Lil' Tal - Flava In Ya Ear

Traxmen & DJ Lil' Tal, "Trax 4 Da Women" (YSI link)

Traxmen & DJ Lil' Tal, "Don't Bite It" (YSI link)

I wasn't sure if this was the right choice to start the week. On the one hand, I can't think of a better way to kick off the weekdays than with a Dance Mania ghetto house classic. On the other hand, I don't want you to peak on Monday afternoon, unable to regain the euphoria and joy that you will soon feel when you download the above tracks. I decided to go with this Traxmen/DJ Lil' Tal post with the acknowledgment that I will need to step my game and provide a few more peaks this week.

These two tracks come from the Traxmen & DJ Lil' Tal Flava In Ya Ear EP, Dance Mania 083 for those who care about those things. It's another essential release from the Chicago label, a good example of the early 90s sound that they developed, which moved away from the earlier acid stuff. One listen to "Trax 4 Da Women" and your life is better. It's that simple. This is minimal house at its finest, a 909, vocals and attitude are more than enough to make me (and hopefully you) lose my shit. Traxmen and DJ Lil' Tal employ a sort of verse and chorus thing, where a few words find themselves being repeated at the end of a verse, like ride, shake and whip. Wait for the 2+ minute mark when the kick comes in, oh boy, so massive and orgasmic I don't want else to say. "Don't Bite It" is much busier, with more percussion, some keys and two different sampled vocals coming in to up the ante. I feel like this one would work better in the club setting, a little less experimental and more in line with the booty music we all know and love.

I'm going to be in transit today, heading back to Philadelphia to hang out with MR. That means no party post tonight, but lots more coming tomorrow before I head back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh thats remember me....its years ago :)