Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Coyote - Too Hard

Cafe del Mar 2

Coyote, "Too Hard (original mix)" (YSI link)

Coyote, "Too Hard (Aeroplane remix)" (YSI link)

So yeah, it's been a rough day, week, month, year. I can't get beyond the past and I feel another end coming soon. As my bol Bobby Dylan said, "I haven't known peace and quiet for so long I don't remember what it's like." When it all starts to hit me right now, I turn to Coyote's "Too Hard." When I hear it, especially the Aeroplane remix, I'm transported away from all of this, from the concrete jungle, panic attacks and exes who break your heart with every email to the beaches of Ibiza at sunset and a balearic paradise. For about 7 minutes, the world truly seems like a better, more uplifting place and that is all I can ever ask for from music.

To be specific, this track and its remix bring disco-inflected deep house sound to the table. The original is built around a vocal that sounds like it's from a movie, where a guy says, "There's certain mistakes that I'd like to change, but I don't trip on it too hard." Ahh, even a life lesson can be found on this one! In between the vocal snippets, nice keys sit over a bed of synth sounds and percussion. It all unfolds at a slow and deliberate pace, mirroring the voice's decree to not trip out.

Honestly though, it's the remix that ranks as one of the best things I've heard in ages. It's like you died and went to synth heaven, as Aeroplane have layered different them to create a track that can only be described as blissful. Listen to it when you are feeling down, listen to it when you are feeling good, just listen and the world will be a better place.

No comments: