Friday, December 14, 2007

Claude VonStroke - The Beats of San Fran Disco

ClaudeVonStroke-TheBeatsOfSanFranDisco
Mixmag Presents Claude VonStroke's The Beats Of San Fran Disco mix (YSI link)

It's been a really big day in Pound for Pound world. After a really rough go of it for the past month or so, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I really feel upbeat. We're not there yet, but we're on the way, ya feel me? Sorry for the lack of posting today, but I think that you will see a noticeable upswing in the next few weeks, along with (hopefully) some new developments with this site.

Anyway, to celebrate, I wanted to put up this phenomenal mix from one of the artists who made 2007 such a big year, Claude VonStroke. It's called The Beats of San Fran Disco and it came out as a Mixmag bonus with their April 2007 issue. VonStroke and Dirtybird's Thursday night monthly here in New York City at APT has been one of the best parties I've been to since it kicked off during the summer and I've been trying to simulate what a set from the various Dirtybird DJs sounds like this, but hadn't come close. Then, I found this CD recently while looking for something, threw it on and found exactly what I had been looking. It's a 50 minute mix that takes you through the tech-house world of warbling, undulating bass and jackin' rhythms. Awesome stuff, in other words, give it a listen this weekend and celebrate the light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah!

No comments: