Friday, November 10, 2006

RIP Tucker

At about 3:30 am, our family dog, Tucker S, passed away. I don't know what to say, to be honest, as I'm completely numb and heartbroken. I hope that you can all keep my little brother in your thoughts and prayers, as I hope that he is at peace now and in no pain.

It's funny how the loss of an animal can have such an impact, but it is devastating. I cannot stop crying and I feel a complete loss in my life. I can't begin to fathom that he won't be there to jump up when I came home, or give me kisses when I asked for them and when I didn't, or take up an entire couch when he wanted to go to sleep. I may put up a pic of my little man later, just so you can have a sense of him and how handsome and distinguished he looked. He was the neighborhood's dog, the one everyone knew and said hi to on his walks in Fairmount. I'm sorry to ramble, but I don't have any clear thoughts.

To put it simply, I loved him and I miss him and I am so sad right now it hurts. Regular posting will resume down the road and each post will be dedicated to Tucker Schonewolf.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My consolations. My pets have also meant a lot to me. Love the site; you always post the best music/exactly the music I want to hear.

Anonymous said...

Folks...That is not gangster.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. Have two cats myself.

Anonymous said...

the only time I've seen my dad cry was when we had to put our cat to sleep. losing a pet is really sad stuff. hope you feel better soon (and keep up the good work w/ the blog!)

Anonymous said...

Having lost my little dog of 16 years this April, I know exactly how you feel. It's just plain heartbreaking. Try to find solace in the knowing that your friendship was a perfect thing and that you provided him a beautiful and safe home to live and thrive in. Mourn as long as it takes. That's part of the healing process.

Anonymous said...

Jack,
How unfortunate that I should be introduced to your blog under such solemn circumstances. I cannot help but feel that Tucker's passing marks the end of an era. He came into our world through happenstance--I remember when Dildine brought him home. It brings a smile to my face to think of how, as a puppy, before his manhood was taken from him, he delighted in humping Schwartz's disgusting blanket. And how could I forget when Alex, his oblivion no doubt owing to some trifling spat with Nicole, let him out onto Spruce St. and nearly got him killed. Though I saw him only sporadically after his youth, he always showed love. So sorry for your loss, old buddy. May you soon find solace.

Josh F. aka Jiggs

empsburna said...

Sad, sad news.

Hang on to the memories of good times and take a bit of comfort in them.