Monday, March 14, 2005

Sasha Frere-Jones

Okay, Pound for Pound is back, people, with a vengeance. I spent the weekend in a shack in Siberia, running through the snow with KGB cars tailing me, chopping wood, doing crazy situps over the edge of the second floor, pulling on ropes, lifting bags of stones and pulling a wagon around on my back. You will break me? Me? Fuck naw, ya hear. We've been in training, we are ripped and dedicated, we are shaven and the forces of evil will not win out.

The image “http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/Regular/10102000/10102025.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

What better way to come back then to link to the best blog around, S/FJ, the pound for pound champ, written by the one and only Sasha Frere-Jones. He is the music writer for the New Yorker (check his recent article on grime music here), an urbanist, a musician, an intellectual, a father/husband and the person I want to be when I grow up.

This recent post
on the 2005 Justo Mixtape Awards seems like the best intro to his brilliant writing style, his interests and his blog, although I am not sure that I can encapsulate the joy of reading his blog/writing in one measly post. I have put him up on the links list to the right, so go there and thank me later. I mean, the man is discussing tags, Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited, grime music and OG Ron C, for chrissakes. Runnin' the game, kids, runnin' the game.

No comments: