Friday, March 04, 2005

My Heart Is In Philly

Well, I have still not ventured out on this Friday night, but that does not mean that I am unpopular or a loser. I mean, is it uncool to be sitting in on a Friday night, writing a blog that has two readers, looking at the Internet and watching the Mavs-Lakers game for glimpses of Halle Berry and Shawn Bradley? I don't think so either.

Anyway, a necessary follow-up to the Jeremiah Trotter signing. ESPN is running a story perfectly titled, "All Heart: Trotter Chooses Eagles Over Money". Pound for Pound has been his most vocal supporter, showing love for the Texas boy from the start. This signing has elevated him to iconic status here, one of the people whose influence and actions inspire each and every post.

I will leave you with my bol's own words, and if they don't sound perfect and bring a tear to your eye, I am not sure this blog is for you.

"I love it here. This city loves me," Trotter said. "This is where I'm supposed to be. I didn't want to go through a situation like two years ago. Philly is home. This is where I wanted to retire. My heart is in Philly."

No comments: