Wednesday, March 16, 2005

M.I.A. Live Sunday Night

I wanted to let everyone know about the M.I.A. show this Sunday in Philly at the Ukie Club (U.A.C.A.) on 8th and Poplar. Tickets are $12, it's 21+, and things jump-off at 9 PM. I am giving advance warning, as the show is going to sell out. I just got my tickets (TA, holla!), and wanted to make sure that people do the same. Go here and buy them online, or head to Spaceboy Music on South Street and buy them in person.

Do not sleep on this show. I repeat, do not sleep. This is an amazing chance to see M.I.A., a.k.a. Maya Arulpragasam, in a fun setting, playing to a packed house. Her album, Arular, is one of the most anticipated albums for 2005, as a result of the Diplo-produced mixtape, Piracy Funds Terrorism Volume 1, that gave everyone a sneak peek of what was to come. Believe the hype! Piracy was one of the best things I heard last year, something I keep coming back to. This is going to be a crazy night, as I have not even mentioned that there will be a Hollertronix set!!!!!! Too good.

More to come on M.I.A., as I will give y'all some links and mp3s to get down with and see what all the hype is about (and the obligatory backlash). Check back tomorrow for this and more.

No comments: