Thursday, January 31, 2008

100 HZ - Trustlove

100 HZ - Trustlove

100 HZ, "Trustlove (Original 1999 version)" (YSI link)

100 HZ, "Trustlove (100 HZ 1999 remix)"
(YSI link)

100 HZ, "Trustlove (Patrick Pulsinger remix)" (YSI link)

"I love you, but I don't trust you."Oh boy, this one is about as good as it gets around these parts. 100 HZ's "Trustlove" opens with a male voice speaking that very phrase over descending bass notes. All of this is a lead-in to one of the dopest tracks ever, 100 HZ's "Trustlove." The original 1999 version has more of a filthy electro house vibe, with a deep, rumbling bass and jackin' percussion. It's pretty bare bones, a perfect compliment to the distrustful lyrics. About 4 minutes in, pianos are added to the mix, shifting this one into a more of a classic house vibe. It actually works for me, although I'd probably prefer if they had stuck to the main sound, an unsettlingly, unforgettable tune. The 100 HZ 1999 remix sticks pretty close to the original version, making the bass even more a part of the proceedings and adding some effects here and there. I think this one might be the one for the dancefloor.

Unfortunately, I flipped on HBO late last night and walked right into one of the most depressing hour and a halfs you can experience. Dope Sick Love was on and damn if I didn't ignore my better instincts and watch the whole thing. For those that don't know, it's a documentary following two junkie couples as they try to get high and survive in NYC. It's insane, watching them shoot up in apartment building elevators and bathrooms, having sex to get money,etc. Possibly more insane is the fact that all of them are walking the same areas I am, including my beloved LES. The saddest part is that I wasn't sad for these four people and the ones around them they hurt but for myself because of the memories this brought up.Strike that, the really sad part is that these two guys, who clean their needles with toilet water and

No comments: