Sunday, July 29, 2007

Club Era With Dimitry, Happy Birthday Le Disko and more

The image “http://www.eradisco.com/images/LETMEHEARYOUPROMO.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

My dream has always been to be a facilitator, bringing together my favorite DJs and promoters and artists and writers and good people, the Meyer Lansky of the hipster set, if you will. So it's been with great joy that so many of my favorites have been joining forces lately. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to do with it! While I won't be ascending to the top of the syndicate just yet, it's fucking awesome that my bol DJ Dimitry is the special guest at one of my favorite Cali nights, Era Disco at Club Sevilla (3252 Mission Inn) in Riverside. DJs S!n and Luv Tek have been holding this one down for a while now, two of the hardest working guys anywhere. This should be an amazing night, as I know that Dimitry will bring his A game of rock, rap, 80s and maybe even a special mash-up or two. The residents will do likewise. Oh, and yes this is the longest flier ever. Ever.

-Happy first birthday to LA party Le Disko. It seems like just yesterday you were zero, time sure does fly. I believe that this was the first non-Philly/NYC party I talked about, the first one that showed me how much cool shit was going down out there. Thanks to Daniel Le Disko for cluing me in. He, Paparazzi and Keith 2.0 have turned this into one of the best indie dance nights anywhere, switching venues to the Spider Club (1735 Vine St.) and just getting better and awesomer. Tonight's got free vodka from 10-11, clothing giveaways, free til 11, $5 after that, good deal. It's an amazing feat to be able to keep a party going for a year, so mazel tov to the DJs and Keith Wilson for making it this far. I look forward to the 2nd birthday, which I believe is paper.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


-All's quiet back east it seems, which is good as it's been a shitty day of rain and gloom. What better night than to throw a party for stoner rock, which can only sound right on a night when going out and dancing and all doesn't work. DJs Dentron and Philbot will spin the best stoner anthems at Upstairs at Sal's all night, free, cheap drinks and a awesome flier! Get there.



-Finally, your final night of the DJ Bald Eagle weekend is here, as he and DJ Mother Hubbard spin between sets of the Tigercity/Beat The Devil/Jason Frederick show at The Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave). I don't know a lot about the bands, although I would recommend Tigercity for a good, young Brooklyn band but I know that Bald Eagle and Mother Hubbard will kill it and that the Empty Bottle is a super cool venue that's hosted some of the coolest jazz players in Chicago like Fred Anderson and Ken Vandermark along with legends like Peter Brotzmann and Anthony Braxton (oh, you thought your boy didn't know about free jazz, huh?) Brought to you by UR Chicago,



-I expect that all of the DJs above will spin together at some point in the future. It is one of my many goals.

No comments: