Sunday, July 23, 2006

Peaches Miscellany Part 1



Gonzales feat. Peaches, "The Joy of Thinking"

Louie Austen feat. Peaches, "Grab My Shaft"

Bloc Party, "Helicoptor (Weird Science remix (feat. Peaches)"

Iggy Pop feat. Peaches, "Motor Inn"

We're gonna wrap up our look at Peaches over the next few days, so I figured that I would throw up some random stuff on a random Sunday. Most of these are guest appearances, although the last one is a Peaches remix that I had never heard of until I looked at her complete discography. Some great stuff here, with varying degrees of Peaches involvement.

The Bloc Party remix is spectacular, but what Bloc Party remixes haven't been? The Weird Science remix makes the original more club friendly with an insistent. Peaches adds a nice verse towards the end, an inspired decision imo. The Gonzales song only features our girl on the chorus, but it's something. Plus, Gonzales seems like a kindred spirit. I only have this one album, but there is the same minimal electro sounds, humorous, explicit lyrics, both involved with the label Kitty-Yo. Louie Austen's "Grab My Shaft" is my favorite of the lot, a long electro workout, an actual as Austen and Peaches trade lines at various points.

-Did anyone catch Miami Vice last night? They showed the entire pilot episode, in advance of the movie release. Thanks to NBC for adding an extra hour of commercials and pointless chatter from Jamie Fox and the white guy. In spite of that, this shit was phenomenal. I was too young for this the first time, but I am serious about it. I'm thinking of copping the DVD seasons, once I get all The Wire ones. What does this mean for Pound for Pound? Possibly some annoying intellectual talk about the show down the road, including referencing a great essay that sees the show as film noir on the small screen. More importantly, it means that it's time to get into Miami bass again, I'm fiendin' to drop some. I'm thinking that we'll get to it next week, after Daft Punk and our grrl power shit. Other blogs, game over. Give up.

-I'll be at the Peaches show tonight at the TLA, stop by and say hello to the guy in hipster glasses (who is not a hipster!) and shirt that says Nobody Moves Nobody Gets Hurt. I will probably be the one towards the back, cowering at the sight of an intimidating, strong woman, engaged in deep thoughts about sexuality and gender. Or maybe I'll show my tits.

2 comments:

coconut jam said...

sorry, but "the joy of thinking" is out... i check it twice, with no result.

Jack said...

Sorry about that, not sure what happened.

I've re-upped it, so you should be good to go. Enjoy.