Sunday, July 30, 2006

Daft Punk live at the Rex Club 1997

http://www.chezlaurent.com/boots/artwork/Daft%20Punk%20-%20Rex%20Club%2097%20-%20Front.jpg

Daft Punk live at the Rex Club, Paris, France 1997
(unlimited downloads)

Here is the first Daft Punk treat, for everyone who want to know how these guys translate their sound to the live setting. They do quite well, give it a listen. This comes off of their first international tour, including their first gigs in the U.S., in support of their epic debut album Homework. It's a stunning set, the hour and 15 minutes goes by pretty quickly. It has peaks and valleys, never quite letting you get fixed on one mood or tempo. That throbbing bass is crazy, it's got me wanting to dance and go crazy with the old lady next to me at this cafe, yeah!

I don't know much about this set, I assume that it's a concert but it could just as well be a DJ set by the duo (it sounds like the songs are being mixed, that's the reason for that guess). I believe it's from May 15, 1997, at the beginning of the tour. It's a well circulated bootleg, so I assume that someone might have more info out there. If you do, let me know. Also, if anyone has this as individual songs, please let me know, as I'd love to up that version if it exists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do have them separeted,
contact me on guiga.lammer@gmail.com


c ya

Anonymous said...

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!