Monday, June 25, 2007

Lil Mama - Lipgloss



Lil Mama, "Lipgloss" (YSI link) 320 DJs

Let's start the week out with some bubble gum rap for the club, the anthem for the summer. I know that this is the shit that the real heads cna't get into, it's too cheesy and not serious, blah blah blah. Get over yourselves, this is just so much fun, it should put a smile on your face. Great refrain ("What'choo know bout me/Whatchoo know bout me?"), fun, simple lyrics. But the real heat is the clapping beat and heavy drums, crazy minimalist shit, which you know I love. It's like a nastier, more brutal snap track. Yummy.

Okay, this was just a quick hitter, I've got another great female rap/r&b talent up next. Can you guess who?

2 comments:

empsburna said...

I'm hooked - dont know why!

Anonymous said...

one time I decided to make a list of least-fun topics ever. gloss you put on your lips was somewhere near the top. I get the whole "fun" thing, I love "fun" songs, but this isn't fun, it is just bad. Lip gloss? really? Is that even cool anymore? A white girl should have been rapping about lip gloss in 1997. Yes, this song has a great beat...for the Clipse to rap over. Not lip gloss, sorry, just NOT feeling this at all (but that apparently makes me the only person on the internet to not like this song).