Monday, March 26, 2007

DJ Never Forget - My Life With The Lo-Fi-Fnk


DJ Never Forget, My Life With The Lo-Fi-Fnk

I'm hoping to make this a regular feature here at Pound for Pound, a Sunday night mix from one of my favorite DJs or a soon-to-be favorite (or even one that looks exclusively at one of the older genres we love). Basically, I want to get the word out about all of the great people spinning and throwing parties in the US and the world, people who haven't gotten all the blog hype that others have gotten. These dudes and dudettes are the ones who are ahead of the curve on everything, who make going out fun and who do all the hard work to make that party a par-tay. In other words, I can give something back, and y'all can get some great mixes and new tunes, and the grinders can get some hype.

I can't think of a better person to start with than my bol DJ Never Forget, one of the masterminds behind the Finger On The Pulse parties in Brooklyn, indie dance maven and an all-around good dude. He's been on tour with one of Pound for Pound's favorite bands today, Sweden's Lo-Fi-Fnk, and he put together a little mix reflecting the tunes these guys have been listening to in the van and what he's been playing out. It sounds like it's been an amazing time and lots of good people have shown the band and DJs love. (We're building an indie dance network, people, holler if you want in.) You get so much goodness in this compact mix. Go check out Never Forget's myspace page for his latest happenings, older mixes, email him and thank him for this mix. Also, make sure to keep an eye on the Finger On The Pulse one, as that party should be kicking back into full gear in the Spring. For those people throwing parties around the world, I can't recommend DJ NF any more highly, so get him to your party to make the girls dance!

Finally, email me or get at me on myspace and send along any mixes you have or are working on. You know the music I post here, it's pretty diverse, I'm pretty open to just about anything. Make sure to let me know your party info to help get the word out. This ain't a blog, this is an army!

2 comments:

zandra said...

crazy!!! i just made you a dj never forget button. seriously!

Anonymous said...

Thin Wild Mercury Sound .... cool. Thanks for sharing this and giving us the front cover. Any chance of putting up the back as well? Thanks again in advance ... john