Friday, April 28, 2006

Thrilladelphia Music Festival

thrilladelphia

I have been embarrassingly silent on Thrilladelphia, the weeklong indie music festival here in Philadelphia, which is concluding this weekend. I don't have a great excuse, really just burnt out on shows and didn't have it in me to get out during the week. My lameness should not effect you, so please make it out for the remainding concerts over the next two days.

I really cannot recommend more highly the afternoon Block Party on Hancock Street in Northern Liberties that will be opening the final day of the festival Saturday. Philebrity is putting it on, Rock Mess Orchestra, Blood Feathers and Hi Soft are playing, WXPN is broadcasting live and there will be vitamin water. Sounds like a plan. Later that night, I see Phil Moore Brown is playing at Tritone, Bardo Pond at the Khyber and The Yah Mos Def at the M Room. Phew.

But, for the Friday night kids, don't be worried. There are tons of amazing shows all over, The Lilys and Bitter Bitter Weeks at the Church, The Capitol Years at the North Star and the Golden Ball at the M Room. Head to Philebrity, as they have it covered. Check the home site for Thrilladelphia for even more info. Let's do it Philly! This is a real big deal, and I will have more to say about next week.

No comments: