Thursday, February 08, 2007

The End of An Era - Low Budget's Last Thursday Night at 700 Club



This is a really sad day at Pound for Pound. Tonight is the final night of the 700 Club's Low Budget Thursday night party. For those that don't know, this has been Philly's best and most consistent jawn for years and, for me personally, my night and place. It's hard to believe that this is coming to an end, as it really does feel like the passing of an era. Low Budget is moving on to bigger and better things (Clipse tour, Fabric), which is long overdue. So, it's not a bad thing that this night ends.

I guess the sadness comes from the fact that this really is a new period up ahead, personally. I'm in a new city, working on a new career, putting all of the shittiness of last year behind me. Thursday nights at 700 Club were a staple of a period of my life, a place I went every week, no matter what else was going on. It was everything you could ask for: a great bar, my favorite DJ, cheap, lots of people who were there to have fun not be seen, a place to spend time with my closest friends. But, things change and so maybe it's good to realize that this period is over and there are new things happening.

I want to thank Mike, a.k.a. Low Budget, for making this party the best in the city for 4 years. This is an amazing accomplishment, as anyone who has tried to put one night together knows. I am honored to have been there to hear one of the best DJs in the world on a weekly basis in a small room. I am excited to hear what this year has in store for the man, big things I expect.

Okay, enough sadness. I'm heading back to Philly shortly, as I couldn't let this night happen without me. Please stop and say hello if you are there; I'll be the one in glasses, Mishka shirt and cardigan, crying like a baby.

No comments: