Friday, February 16, 2007

Disco D Tributes in NYC

I wanted to give a special heads up to 2 special parties going down in New York City in the next week honoring Disco D. The first one happens tonight and it features a full set by DJ Godfather.



That is a massive line-up, as it's almost overwhelming to think of the Federation Sound crew and Lauren Flax and the Booty Bar Throwdown all in one place for 6 hours. The bass might bring the place to the ground. Why oh why does this have to happen at The Delancey?!? I'm not even going to get into why I don't want to go to this spot, as they're personal, ugh.

Next Wednesday Brooklyn gets into the act with a simply massive party at Studio B. 5 words : DJ Funk and DJ Assault. Yes, the kings of ghettohouse and ghettotech are in the house doing seperate sets. I'm speechless at this line-up, as



I hope that people will make it out to at least one of these nights and pay their respects to the memory of Dave Shayman and his musical legacy. All proceeds are going to Neutral Zone, a Ann Arbor, Michigan youth charity. Thanks to all of those who are involved in putting together, from Matt and Funtime Party Team, New York Fucking City, Oxy Cottontail, Lauren Flax, Jukebox Heroes, Cut, Databass, Mass Appeal, Good Peoples and anyone else I'm missing, as this is an amazing tribute to the man. I'll be at both, you should be there too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am such a lame ass, I need some excitement. I live in NYC but am new to it. Can seriously use a "word up" on some great venues and shows. Again, in lust with your site.