Monday, January 29, 2007

Peaches -Boys Wanna Be Her remixes

The image “http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/imgs/artists/sasnal/Wilhelm-Sasnal-Peaches.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Peaches, "Boys Wanna Be Her (Flaming Lips Eat Peaches)" (YSI link)

Peaches, "Boys Wanna Be Her (Tommie Sunshine's Brooklyn Fire Retouch)" (YSI link)

Peaches, "Boys Wanna Be Her (Weird Science remix)" (YSI link)

It's been way too long since I mentioned or did a post on my girl Peaches. I mean, what's wrong with me? There are lots of things wrong with me, but here's one I can correct. This is the latest single to drop from the Impeach My Bush album, her 2006 album on XL. "Boys Wanna Be Her" was one of my favs from the album, possibly the one that best summed up the newer, rockier sound that she had on display, especially live.

The remixes are good, especially love the Weird Science one. You remember them from their killer Bloc Party "Helicopter" remix. This one has a similar sound, chopped up vocals, electro-y banger, more please. This would fit perfectly amongst the Ed Banger stuff in your set, or on that on-the-go Pound for Pound mix you've been making. Tommie Sunshine hasn't gotten any mentions at this blog, which I'll remedy soon. His remix is ready for the club, a nice, extended version that has a huge, kicking drum, monster riff, vocals pretty much intact, which is a good thing. No clue what the name means, but what the hell, Brooklyn stand up! Where Williamsburg at? Where Fort Greene at? Where Bushwick? Where Bed-Stuy? Check the buildup and release in the last minute or so, awesome.

-It looks like John McCain's poll numbers continue to suffer. Now is the time to really do some damage on the Straight Talker, Cliff Schecter and others have put together The Real McCain to help achieve that goal. Check it out to find out what lies he's telling this week!

-Laura Secor has a really interesting piece in Sunday's New York Times Magazine about Iran and its political scene. The story paints an interesting counterpoint to administration propaganada, showing a rebuked Ahmedinajad, an economically depressed country and a nuanced, complicated politcal landscape (Via Matt Yglesias) Also, check out this story in the Observer on the real state of Iran's nuclear program (hint: it's far from the threat the neo-cons tell us. Shocking, I know.) (Via Talking Points Memo)

-Sorry for anyone who has emailed me in the past week or two. I've been writing some bigger stories and suffering from a case of good writer's block (a condition that prevents you from writing well) and have fallen behind on email. I promise to get back to everyone by the end of the week, but feel free to holler again to get my attention. Thanks, I love you all.

2 comments:

sam drade said...

superbitch!.P

Anonymous said...

I forgot about Peaches - I love the song - great remixes!