Saturday, January 13, 2007

2 Great New Philly Parties This Weekend



I want to give a special heads up about two new Philly parties that are starting up this weekend. First up, the good folks at Seclusiasis have started up a new monthly called Open Fire. They're taking over Upstairs at Sal's On 12th for a night of all that is good in this horrible, fucked up world, a.k.a. bass music. Here's what they plan to play:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/353147841_fc11a5c110.jpg

Tomorrow night, volume 2 of the Philadelphyinz party jumps off, heading uptown to the Rittenhouse Square area. This one's at Medusa (27 S. 21st Street), a great place for a night of sweaty dancing, dry humping and raving. My bol Skinny Friedman and Apt One have been holding down the Khyber with volume 1 for a while now, consistently one of the best parties in the city. I have even higher expectations for this one, as this space is purrrrfeect for that mix of Giorgio Moroder and rap bangers and all out mayhem. This is the place to be Saturday, things start at 10 pm sharp.

Again, I reiterate, I want Pound for Pound to continue to help get the word out about cool shit. This is a place for all the city people doing big things, we're on some grassroots, up with the people steez. Get at me via email or myspace and let me know what's good.

No comments: