Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ghostface Killah - Milk Em



Ghostface Killah feat. Trife, "Milk Em (Benny Cassette version)" (YSI link)

Ghostface Killah feat. Trife, "Milk Em (Exile version)" (YSI link)

Ghostface Killah feat. Trife, "Milk Em (Ricci Rucker version)" (YSI link)

"Tony's my sunshine, my only sunshine/He makes me happy when skies are grey/You'll never know how much I love, please don't take my Tony away."

I never tune out Ghostface Killah completely, but I did turn away after Fish Scale dropped and every blog deemed it the greatest thing since plastic surgery. It was good, but I didn't even consider it one of Tony Starks' best. It was stupid, as dude is one of the most interesting figures in music, consistently putting out music that you need to hear. I promise to never be such a pussy, blogger hater again.

This single makes it crystal clear why Ghost is so important and impossible to ignore. "Milk Em" is a collaboration with electronic producers Sound In Color, giving the entire project a different sound.

-Go! with Bitch Ass Darius tonight in Kansas City. A Night of Ghettotech. Tactic and Murderbot. What else could you possibly want to do tonight?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

-1 Year Anniversary of Super Friends! My bols Nick Catchdubs and Vin Sol! Milk in SF! One of the best fliers I've seen!



-Hang The DJs' 2007 Strawberries and Champagne Party. No clue what that means, but I do know Daniel from Le Disko, Adam 12 from She Wants Revenge, June D from White Dove and they're spinning. @ the Echo (1822 Sunset Blvd.) Another gorgeous flier.



-Project Matt, as always, holds down Home Sweet Home (131 Chrystie St.) in Chinatown (sorry, flier keeps fucking up the post)

No comments: