Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Uploading In My White T

The image “http://clips-video.skyblog.com/pics/235303248.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Dem Franchize Boyz, "I Think They Like Me (So So Def remix)"

Dem Franchize Boyz, "Lean Wit It, Rock With It"

Dem Franchize Boyz, "Stop Calling Me"

One good thing about this new two-post focus, it means I get back to my roots. Booty music, filthy hip hop, songs dedicated to women's asses, the good stuff. No where better to get back to work on that than Atlanta, the land where the bass and strip club reign right now. I know that everyone is already hatin' on this shit, Snap Music or whatever you want to call it, but get over yourself. This is fire, the next outpost of the incredible musical journey started in Miami in the 80s.

For real, listen to these songs above, and tell me that those snaps, those crisp drums and those synths squelches don't make the world seem like a better place. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see these guys on the magazine covers, on MTV, bringing Atlanta Bass to the forefront. More than anything, it's about time that Jermaine Dupri gets his due as one of the greatest producers ever. That So So Def remix is fire, the best thing on the album, although all of the above tracks do the job.

We will get into the history of this Atlanta ish in the near future, as I'm still trying to get a hold of more of it and learn all the names of people who were responsible for the genre. If you have recommendations or guidance, holler.

-It looks like A Silent Flute has a mix up of his own doing, so go and download that immediately. Take a look at the entire blog, though, for real, as it still might be my favorite/the best going today. I mean, ET fucking, Spankrock photos, lots of clothing knowledge to help us look good, music. Yeah, nuf said. Congrats to Nate on the Fader piece, I ain't jealous or anything.

-I want everyone to know that I have not been stalking Badminton Stamps, we just think alike. Great minds and all. Let's see, they too thought Making Time was the best ever, they were at the Clipse show at the Knitting Factory as well and they were psyched about Three 6 winning an Oscar. While I check with them to make sure that they aren't going to be talking about film noir this week, head over there, especially for the New Young Pony Club track and for their radio blogs at the top of the page.

-Finally, proof that America is the greatest country on Earth (except for maybe France), as if you need more proof after those songs.

No comments: