Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Down, But Not Out

http://dragonballyee.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/royjonesjr.jpg

Cypress Hill, "I Ain't Goin' Out Like That"


Pound for Pound will return, stay tuned for further developments, music, links and general awesomeness.

Update: I shit you not, but Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins is sitting like 10 feet from me in the cafe I am writing at. I eavesdropped on his phone call, while ordering an iced tea. I also began banging on my table and whopping, a la Kramer in Dinky Donuts with Joe Dimaggio. I will work up the courage to speak to him next time, if there is a next time. What does all of this mean? It means that Pound for Pound is definitely back, and with a fucking vengeance. It is dedicated to one of the greatest middleweights of all-time, Philly fighter, my hero, Mr. Hopkins. Hell, to all the Philly fighters who got knocked down and got back up.

As Samuel Beckett wrote in The Unnameable, "you must go on. I can't go on. I go on."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSS! Drinks next week too, bro.

Wastedpapiers said...

Glad to hear you aren't going for good.

Anonymous said...

yay!! it's like the chumbawumba song ("i get knocked down, but i get up again")... i know, lame reference, what do you want from me. does it make it better that i only know the phish cover of that song? probably not. but anyway the point is, yay!!

Anonymous said...

the general awesomeness continues!!!

rock on. for real.
-TA

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're coming to my wedding after all?

Drew said...

Glad to see you're back on the horse, dude.