Wednesday, February 02, 2005

the Willis Reed of bloggers

I know that there might be some concern at the lack of posts here lately, but all is well. I have been having back spasms for the last few days, which I always thought was only an injury that pro athletes get. Unfortunately, it also hits the antithesis of talented, virile athletes, the blogger.

I do want to say that I have continued working on the blog, although I don't think that anyone realizes how courageous an act that is. This is some Willis Reed shit, some McNabb throwing TDs with a broken leg, Floyd Mayweather Jr. winning a fight with a broken hand. Sometimes, when I hit the space bar, a shooting pain surges in my lower back, and I don't know if I can keep going.

Listen, I know what makes all of these acts so amazing is the fact that they were done with little fanfare. We don't need to talk about our heroics, as we let our actions speak louder than words. I should be on the disabled list, going in the whirlpool, getting massages, reading the Times online edition. However, my unbelieveable pain tolerance and love for you, the reader, forces me to grit my teeth and just do it. A little love back would be nice, but know that I do this for the love of the game. Nothing more. The money, women, houses are nice, but they don't get me typing.

Anyway, I have a ton of posts coming shortly. They will run the gamut, as I like going with variety. Things to do, politics, Philly, music are all on tap, so check back often.

No comments: