Tuesday, January 25, 2005

To Be the Man

Watching the Steelers-Pats game Sunday night, I was confronted with the dilemma of deciding which team to root for. In other words, which team did I want the Eagles to play? The Steelers seemed like the easier opponent for them, as they too had never been to the Super Bowl, Roethlisberger had struggled against the Jets, and the Eagles' run defense has been phenomenal since Trotter came into the middle.

However, I changed my mind quickly. I wanted the Eagles to face the Patriots because they are the best team, the defending champions, the team that everyone is measured against. I want the Eagles' Super Bowl victory to show the world that they are the best of the best, that they took on all comers and came out on top.

As the greatest professional wrestler of all-time, "the Nature Boy" Ric Flair eloquently says, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." Ric Flair and I both know that this is the only way to truly become a champion.



On Sunday, February 6, 2005, the Eagles will finally be the man.

No comments: