Saturday, January 22, 2005

Cheap Seats without Ron Parker

One of my goals with this blog is to become the trendsetter that my mother and I always felt was my calling. So, I want to recommend a scrappy young show that has me laughing more than anything on TV (ranked along with Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm as the only funny ish out there). Cheap Seats without Ron Parker reminds me of this blog, in that both are seen by no more than 5 people. However, Cheap Seats deserves a larger audience, and I am going to do my best to accomplish this.

The show follows the brilliant model set by another of my favorites, Mystery Science Theater 3000. (Since you are wondering, yes, I do leave my apartment and have talked to real, live women.) The two hosts, comedians Randy and Jason Sklar, show old videos of ridiculous "sporting" events that were a staple of TV programming in the 70s and 80s, such as roller derby, pre-WWF wrestling and the Strongest Man competition. They then proceed to ridicule the proceedings, and all is good with the world.

Check out the show's website.

Go here for a look at the next episodes.

Go here to check out Randy and Jason's site, which has lots of info and funnies.

Then tune in to ESPN Classic on Sunday night and watch the damn show.

Oh, and leave some comments about any other great shows that few people are watching, but should be. C'mon mom, I know that you are reading this. Just leave a comment, as I am only doing this for your approval. I am just looking for some attention, some validation, dammit. Is that too much to ask for?

No comments: