Friday, February 24, 2006

Shout Outs

Shout out time here at Pound for Pound. First, I want to wish a happy birthday to one of the best, brightest, wonderful people in the world, ThA. She's halfway to 60, but I know that the best is yet to come. It should be an exciting weekend, and I am so happy to be a part of it all.

-To the place that has helped keep this blog going more than any of y'all can ever understand, Hausbrandt. It's an Italian cafe here in Philadelphia, on 15th Street between Walnut and Locust Sts. They have great coffee, amazing wireless and a friendly staff who doesn't mind my pathetic ass sitting here typing loud and listening to loud music for hours on end.

-To my NYC outlets, Cake Shop (152 Ludlow) and the Lotus Lounge (35 Clinton St.). Great places in the LES for blogging, drinking, seeing crazy people. They have been a refuge in the wasteland of NYC cafes. If anyone knows of other good cafes in Manhattan or Brooklyn, holler at your bol.

-To New Century Travel bus, which gets my ass back and forth between Philly and NYC with speed and a minimal amount of dollars. It has proven the fact that a human can become immune to the smell of urine over the long haul, which has to have some sort of scientific validity.

-To all of my readers, who I love dearly. It's been especially great to hear from more and more via the comments and email, as I can't tell how much I appreciate getting feedback and meeting people.

No comments: