Friday, February 10, 2006

Farewell Arrested Development

http://vjarmy.com/pictures/arrested.jpg

It is hard writing this post through the tears, but I must say something. I can't let this day go by without a few words of sadness. Tonight is the final four episodes of the best show on network television since Seinfeld, Arrested Development, and my favorite show that doesn't involve a wire tap (best drama since Homicide), Flava Flav picking a mate or the two seperate yet equally important sides who represent the people in the criminal justice system. Fox has dealt its final kick in the teeth to the Bluth family, scheduling their finale to coincide with the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. Good work, fuckers. What, couldn't you have gotten your boy Bush to start a war tonight in Iran or somewhere to guarantee that not one person in the world would see the end of this show? Fuck a Murdoch!

Anyway, I don't have much to say, other than this show deserved a lot better. It deserved a better network, a better audience, a better world. I hope that Showtime picks the show up and gives it the forum to realize its potential. I have little hope, though, as I tend to expect the worst.

Michael, George-Michael, Buster, Gob, Lindsay, Maeby, Lucille 1, Lucille 2, George Sr., Tobias, thanks for the good times, we will miss you. Buy Season 1 and Season 2 to relive the memories, as there are too few.

-No sense in avoiding the fake sadness now. I was upset to see Nick cut from the final 5 on Project Runway. Listen, his outfit was not good. (No pockets? What the hell were you thinking, bol?) However, it was not a fucking jumpsuit straight outta Boca Raton with a sleeve falling off. C'mon, judges, step your games up. I'm looking at you Michael Kors, you can do better. Santino should have been cut, no if's and's or buts. And no, I am not ashamed to admit I watch the show or that I have become invested in the contestants. That's how trill I am.

-In another example of just how trill I am, and how unafraid to acknowledge my softer side, might I recommend checking out the Brandi Carlile show tonight at the World Cafe Live. She is playing at 7:30 PM, bringing some of that singer-songwriter goodness that eases a troubled heart and mind. Click here and here for a few songs to check out. Her NYC show at Mercury Lounge has already sold out, so this is a real good chance to see her in a beautiful venue. [Late Update: Sorry, this show sold out, too. Blowing up.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i mean, i don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but fox's commercials for tonight's programming called it the "SEASON finale," not the "SERIES finale." just a cruel mistake?

Anonymous said...

uh, is it me, or does it look like michael has a hitler moustache in that picture? wtf?

Jack said...

Ron,

What's up? How they hangin'? Don't tease people, the show will not be back on at Fox. Period. We all must come to terms with that fact.

Hope you check in more, always nice to hear from the biggest Joy Division-prto wrestling fan.