Thursday, December 22, 2005

Quote of the Day

Something to think about during whatever holiday you are celebrating this week, when your family is arguing and talking about the stupid shit you did as a kid.

Jane Jacobs:


To see complex systems of functional order as order, and not as chaos, takes understanding. The leaves dropping from the trees in autumn, the interior of an airplane engine, the entrails of a dissected rabbit, the city desk of a newspaper, all appear to be chaos if they are seen without comprehension. Once they are understood as systems of order, they actually
look different.

The Death and Life of Great American Cities (1961)


This is my grrl, the writer who has had the most profound impact on me. I want to devote an entire blog to her and write her love letters and get dim sum with her at Ocean Harbor. That is the future, the next level, people, get ready for it.

I came across this quote in a post at fellow nerd dj/ rupture's blog Mudd Up! This is essential reading from one of the most creative DJs/musicians/producers around. Even better, he found it via another phenomenal, hyper-intellectual blog from Neeha Dyal, who was recommending David Byrne's new blog. Now, that is the blog circle of life.

Over the next few days, I'm gonna put up some Project Pat to end Robbery Week, just in time for Christmas and Hanukkah. Next week, I am going to provide some gifts for everyone, as I thought that I would upload my favorite mixtapes of the year, which were mainly from the hand of DJ Drama and the Aphiliates. Hopefully, we can get 8 days worth to celebrate the holiday, as it will be my gift of appreciation to my dear readers. Check back soon, and have a great holiday!

No comments: