Wednesday, November 09, 2005

You Can't Take Away My Dignity

I am sorry for the brief absence, but the real world frighteningly intruded into my life Monday. I was robbed at gunpoint, and had my laptop and some money taken. The good news is that I escaped without being harmed physically, and did not pee or defecate in my pants in the moment. I am, however, a shook one right now, trying to get back on my feet and back into the real world as best I can.

I'm going to try to post up regularly, as honestly it has helped writing and looking at the news and checking out blogs and doing my general nerd stuff. It's helped get my mind off of my own troubles, and that's all I can ask for right now. (Well, that, and a brand new laptop, powerful pharmeceuticals and world peace.)

However, I am not going to be posting up music for the foreseeable future, until a new computer is purchased and my music is back on a machine. Perhaps if we are lucky, the armed robber will feel free to upload some Miami bass and DJ Screw tracks on yousendit for everyone to enjoy, as it would be nice to know that the music is being enjoyed and shared.

Well, that's about all for now. I am sorry to say that this blog won't be living up to its potential for now, but it is nice to know that it will have its day again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that man..
we gave a little shout out at the bottom of this page...

http://thosetwowords.com/hiphopnews/index.php?s=%2367

I looked for an appropriate jpg but I couldn't find nowt. Keep on trucking.

JAF said...

Glad you're ok. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Shit, that's awful. Be well.

T.A.N. said...

it would be kind of hot to get stuck up by a thief-blogger. then have him post shit he finds on the laptop he got you for. making snide remarks about your writing and/or girl's pictures. that would be better than a plain 'ol robbery

s.dot said...

Glad to see that you're ok about it!

Time heals!

Stay safe!