Monday, September 19, 2005

Are You Ready?

I just wanted to drop a line and let y'all know that the music posting will resume in the next day or so. I spent the weekend in NYC, and I will simply say it was a epic run. It's hard to imagine having the good fortune to see Bun B, Hollertronix, DJ Assault, ESG, the Screwed Up Click, DJs Caps and Jones (what happened to Lady Sovereign?), all in the space of three days! It was a massive music weekend which has rejuvenated my musicality, whatever the hell that means. MP3s will start again with my recap of said events, including a once-in-a-lifetime show by Memphis' finest, whose new album drops shortly. Tear da club up, indeed.

Our next focus, which will come later in the week, might come as a surprise to regular readers of this site, departing from my tried and true formula of bass and more bass. Pound for Pound isn't just about ass 'n' titties, ass 'n' titties. I am not going to give away the focus of this week, but I will give a hint. His direction home is more than 200 miles from Minneapolis, in spite of what he has sung. The focus of a documentary out this week, done by American's greatest living film director, Abe Zimmerman's son will be our focus here as well, giving me a chance to discuss the musician who matters the most to me.

Okay, lots of stuff to get to this week. I am so excited to get some great music out, expanding the sonic pallette of this blog, talking more about cities. Can you feel it? "Because something is happening here/But you don't know what it is/Do you, Mister Jones?" Check back often and find out just what is going down here.

No comments: