Thursday, November 27, 2008

Larry Levan - Live At The Paradise Garage

Thanksgiving

Larry Levan, Live At The Paradise Garage Disc 1 (YSI link)

Wow, I killed Thanksgiving dinner, may have even eaten the plate in my gorging. Anyway, today is the day we give thanks for all that we have in life. I wanted to give thanks to all of my great readers, as you are the loves of my e-life. There's been an upswing in comments recently, which makes me so happy. I put comments right behind pastrami on rye on my top things in the world list, both of which are right behind sex and boobs.

I also want to give thanks for disco for saving my life. I can't think of more perfect musical statement of joy and giving thanks than this DJ set by Larry Levan at the legendary Paradise Garage. Throw this one on at some point this weekend and think of all the people you love, all of the great things in your life and all that is still to come. This is the soundtrack to those thoughts.

I've upped Disc 1 today for those who are newer readers. I promise to upload Disc 2 on Monday, as I had intended to do months ago. Celebrate! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: