Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Larry Levan - Live At The Paradise Garage Part 2

Larry-Levan

Larry Levan, Live At The Paradise Garage Disc 2 (YSI link) tracklisting in comments

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Give thanks! I finally remembered to do a post on the second disc from this recording of Larry Levan spinning at the Paradise Garage. Long-time readers will know that I had planned to do this months ago, but it got lost in the hiatus I took. But, it's here now and you need to download this. People, this is life. This is love. This is sex. This is joy. This is pain. This is heaven's soundtrack, as I hear it. I can't say enough about these two discs. Whenever I am feeling a little down or sad or uninspired, I throw these on the iPod and just let the music take me to a better place. There's no greater compliment I can offer a DJ.

RIP Mr. Levan, the world is lesser without you.

1 comment:

Jack said...

01. People's Choice- Here We Go Again (Cont.)
02. Motown Sounds - Bad Mouthin'
03. Supremes* Let Yourself Go
04. Change - Angel In My Pocket
05. Janice McClain - Smack Dab In The Middle
06. Jakki - Sun...Sun...Sun...
07. John Gibbs & The U.S. Steel Band - Trinidad
08. Chi-Lites - My First Mistake
09. Jermaine Jackson - Erucu