Friday, December 08, 2006

Husky Rescue - Diamonds In The Sky remixes



Husky Rescue, "Diamonds In The Sky (Emperor Machine remix)" (YSI link)

Husky Rescue, "Diamonds In The Sky (Deaf Stereo remix)" (YSI link)

Husky Rescue, "Diamonds In The Sky (Tunng remix)" (YSI link)

G-d, it's been a shitty day. From an article that's taking forever to being played like a fucking fool, I can't say that I'm writing home about these 24 hours. So, of course, in my moment of need, I turn to my dear readers and the newest remixes from Scandinavia. Husky Rescue are a Finnish band that has been slowly gaining an audience over the past few years. Their upcoming album, Ghost Is Not Real, should solidify their position as a band making wonderful, ethereal music that blends pop and ambient electronics.

"Diamonds In The Sky" was the first single from the album and it features some great remixes from some less appreciated names in the game. Well, everyone knows and appreciates Emperor Machine and they don't disappoint. They drop a nice, funky, Italo jawn complete with the beautiful vocals. This is probably the only one ready for the clubs, although that might be a bit of stretch. Tunng come the closest to the original, leaving the chilled out feel and guitar sound upfront. I didn't know much about this British duo, but it sounds like this is a good reflection of their own music. Deaf Stereo's might be my favorite of the bunch, as the group picks the pace up and gives the song more drive. I'll more to say on DS soon, suffice it to say grab this one and give it a listen. On second thought, I could see this one going over well in the club, as it gets better with each listen. Yeah! Buy Husky Rescue's debut album, Country Falls, and I'll let you know when the new one drops.

-Sorry for the lack of event news today, it was just one of those days.

-Speaking of big events, I have started a myspace page for this blog and I would love for all my readers to add me. It's a work in progress but I hope to use it in the new year as a way to get the word about the site, my attempt to take it off the web and onto the streets (parties!), hyping bands and my homey's grinds and more. Add me, blogs are people too!!!!

- "I been double-crossed now for the very last time and now I'm finally free,/I kissed goodbye the howling beast on the borderline which separated you from me./You'll never know the hurt I suffered nor the pain I rise above,/And I'll never know the same about you, your holiness or your kind of love,/And it makes me feel so sorry."

No comments: