Friday, December 30, 2005

DJ Drama and Project Pat-Gangsta Grillz 15

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-4821088624270_1877_3682030

Project Pat, Don't Turn Around

Project Pat, Juelz Santana and Young Jeezy, Best of Both Hoodz


Project Pat with Blackjack, Ridin' Swervin

Project Pat, Don't Bite the D


Project Pat and The Roots, Show


As promised, we are going to spend the last week of 2005 and the first week of 2006 looking at the best music of the year, while providing a couple of gifts for those who might not have had a chance to grab the best mixtapes of 2005. I know that there are a ton of Top 10 lists weighing down the Internets now, so I am sorry for joining in this circle jerk. I must admit that it seems like it would be fun to do, and it gives me a chance to upload some music that you might not have had the time or money to hear.

What better way to start this off than Gangsta Grillz 15, hosted by our recent focus, Project Pat. Pat's just out of jail, and ready to take the streets back. This is a good mixtape, people, and really goes a long way to showing how much the South is killin' the game right now, and how much DJ Drama and the Aphiliates are leading the charge. His mixtapes are the best, in my opinion, doing what all good street tapes should do: playing the songs of the moment, and the songs of the next moment.

-Go here to hear Project Pat speak, live from the motherfucking halfway house.

-Did Bush break the law when he authorized the NSA to spy on U.S. citizens? Most legal scholars believe that he did, quite brazenly at that, when you consider his admission to the crime. It's frightening to realize how little regard this administration has for either the law or the Congress. There is a belief that the President's office is all-powerful, and there is no need for oversight. For anyone concerned with democracy, this story has to be one of the most frightening to come out of these 5+ years, which is saying a lot. We learned recently that the NSA has been putting cookies onto the computers of anyone visiting their web site. Digby at Hullabaloo has been all over this, brilliantly taking apart defenders of this attack on civil liberties and exposing why this is such a dangerous program.

-Is this really a crime? I mean, a cage is so snug and homey. And, I'm sure that the kids were being all annoying, crying and asking to be fed and shit. Free the Lavelles!

-Oh, one more wish for Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa. Please, Moz, please get back together with the band for one more tour. I really don't ask for much, so I don't think that I am being greedy. I even decree that you can horribly overcharge me, and even play in some terrible space like the Electric Factory or the old Spectrum or Madison Square Garden. Anywhere, just put The Smiths back together, and you will make my 2006, hell, you'll make my decade. Allow me to make up for willful blindness to your brilliant music, allow me the chance to see my favorite band live one time, allow me a chance to throw my panties on stage for you, my dear Morrissey. This creepy plea was brought on by this Pitchfork item on a concert that half the members of The Smiths were putting together for charity. We're close, but this ain't horseshoes, it's mopey rock. [via No Rock&Roll Fun]

No comments: